Did you know that colon cancer is one of the most notorious killer diseases in the USA that take away thousands of lives every year? Anonymous to many, it can be prohibited by implementing few lifestyle changes and regular medical checkups. In fact, it has been projected that one-third of deaths from colon cancer can be stopped if people over the age of fifty go for regular medical examinations along with regular colon cleansing.
Let us inspect how this sort of cancer occurs in the colon or rectum. The colon and rectum, which are the part of our digestive system, comprise a long, muscular tube-like organ called the large intestine. The first 6 feet of the large intestine is called colon, while rectum covers the last 8 to 10 inches of the large intestine. Occasionally cancer involves both rectum and colon; in that case, it can be called colorectal cancer.
The two principal functions of colon comprise conservation of water in the body and flushing out of the waste materials from the body. Then an additional function of the colon is to help the body take in healthy nutrients from food with the help of the healthy bacteria that inhabit the colon.
When the diet is short on fiber, colon finds trouble in eliminating all the waste and toxic matters from it and fecal matters carry on to get stock up in the colon. This leads to a buildup of toxic elements in it. The toxic environment in the colon can set off off many health issues among which the most deadly is colon cancer.
The following risk factors can add to the odds of colon cancer in certain persons.
- The odds of developing colon cancer increases marginally with growing age. And the disease is mainly found in the people above 50 years of age. Even though, the incidence of colon cancer at an early age cannot be on the whole ruled out.
- Colon cancer is very closely linked with dietary habits predominantly in the cases where the diet is high in fat and low in fiber.
- Polyps which start as benign growths in the walls of the colon may move to next phase to develop into cancer and a genetic condition called Familial Polyposis, if not taken critically have confirmed chances of becoming colorectal cancer.
- Then the people with a family history of colon cancer are to be expected to develop colon cancer.
- The patients with ulcerative colitis also run the jeopardy of developing colorectal cancer.
To avoid colon cancer, it is essential that you should keep all the internal organs free from mucous and toxins. The organs are at their healthiest and function most competently, when they are free of toxins. Colon cleansing can help your body free itself of toxic elements. A healthy colon, in turn, supports the digestive process and recuperate its natural effectiveness in purging the toxins from your system.
To sum up, colon cancer is an avoidable disease if you become a little cautious about what your lifestyle. Colon cleansing at regular period along with a healthy lifestyle decrease the possibility of developing colon cancer further.